travel info

Getting Here by Bus

While not easy it is possible to travel from Vancouver to Harrison Hot Springs by public transit.  The new Fraser Valley Regional Express 66 FVX will take you from the Carvolth Exchange in Langley to downtown Chilliwack where you can transfer to the the Agassiz Harriosn Connector Route 11.

United States citizens do not need a passport or visa to enter Canada, but need a proof of identification of citizenship (birth certificate or US voter's registration card with photo ID), and also proof of residence (driver's license). Washington State residents entering by land or sea may also apply for an Enhanced Driver's Licence.

Visitors from other countries must have a valid national passport or other recognized travel documents. For further information, contact the Canadian Consulate in your country or the Canada Customs & Revenue Agency at 333 Dunsmuir Street, Vancouver BC, V6B 5R4, or call 1-800-461-9999.

Effective June 1, 2009, travellers must present a passport or other approved secure document denoting citizenship and identity for all land and sea travel into the United States. In addition to the passport, acceptable documents include a valid NEXUS Air Card or Merchant Mariner Document(MMD). Also an Enhanced Driver's License is accepted (currently only available to Washington State and Province of British Columbia residents).

Driving Laws
International driving licenses are acceptable in British Columbia. Road signs are posted in metric (km/hr) with a maximum highway speed up to 110 km/hr (66 mi/hr). Seat belts are mandatory at all times for drivers and passengers (children under 5 must use an infant restraint system). Motorcycle helmets are also mandatory. Laws regulating the consumption of alcohol while driving are strictly enforced and have severe penalties under the criminal code of Canada.

Liquor Laws
The minimum age for the consumption and purchase of liquor in British Columbia is 19. Government and private liquor stores are located throughout BC. Please note: Driving motorized vehicles, including boats, while impaired (blood alcohol content of more than .08) is illegal in BC.

In the Province of British Columbia we currently have a Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) of 12% on most purchases, in some municipalities there is an additional hotel room tax of up to 2%.

Visitor's Guide